You know that old saying, 'never say never'? Well listen to it! We put so much pressure on ourselves in all areas of our life, saying this like 'I'll never eat drink alcohol again', 'I'll never call my ex-boyfriend again'... sound familiar? And then what happens when you do the thing you said you'd never do again? You get mad at yourself and create a downward spiral of emotions and actions.
Let go of the absolutes, be kind to yourself, get curious and let go of the judgement.
Y'all if you are struggling with your weight loss journey, if you are struggling with your wellness journey, if you are just struggling with feeling good inside, than LISTEN to this!
Moving your body isn't a punishment for what you ate. Moving your body isn't what will make or break your weight loss. Moving your body is about the feeling... how you feel inside. If you want to learn proper strategies to kick start your health journey, check out this video!
For many years us ladies have been told, 'you can't lose weight as you age', or 'you will never drop a pound after hitting menopause'... sound familiar? I am here to tell you that is a LIE!
You absolutely can, you just have to do the right things for your body!
How to lose weight as you age:
1. Journal your food - learn what foods work best for your body and give you the energy it needs for the day!
2. Cut out the crap - eat real foods, no more prepackaged stuff
3. Limit your alcohol intake (sorry, but you can do it)
4. SLEEP! - Get the right amount of sleep for your body!
5. Weight train 2-3 times per week
6. Move your body 30 minutes every single day!
7. WATER - drink your water! Drink ALL the water! Drink half your body weight in ounces every single day - on the days you weight train UP that water intake!
I often get asked about the foods I eat, my favourite proteins, carbs and fats... here's a little secret, I eat food. Check out this post for more details...
Food is not our only source of nourishment. Find out in this blog how we use our environment and our senses to "eat" and feel nourished and healthy on the inside.
Being healthy means something different to everyone, check out what my version of being healthy means.
Here I share my experience completing my first Spartan Beast race ever! This race is comprised of 13miles/21km or more plus 30 obstacles.